Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

blink and the time is gone

  • 13 Feb. 2011
  • I've been meaning to update my little blog before this but I'd been having problems logging in and all of a sudden it's February. Life is flying along, school's back and the little ones are also going to preschool/daycare 3 days a week this year so I can have a bit more time to study.With the semester start date creeping closer I've been madly finishing up a few projects that I know I won't get time later.

    I needed a new bag that would fit my netbook, a few books, pens and calculator. Using this tutorial and some brown cotton canvas I made this today. Although it looked quite easy it took a lot longer than expected but I'm really happy with the end result. Next time I'd like to add a side pocket and make the front flap as long as the bag.

    DSC_0005

    DSC_0013








    DSC_9998

































    My glasses case needed a spruce up at the same time. I had some mod podge (which I have only just realised is not called modge podge) lying around and it was time I tried it out. There a a few tutorial on how to cover things using mod podge but I kind of winged it in the end.


    DSC_0004



    It turned out ok although doesn't close as easily as it once did.
    DSC_0016

    I hate doing these round up type of posts and each time I do one I vow to make sure I'm posting things as I make them. However I guess it's better than not posting at all.
    As you can see I've started to crochet and just had to have a new case for my hooks. The cushion cover in the top and bottom rows is Woolganic organic merino in their new Steiner Waldorf range of bulky weight yarn. It's seriously soft with a gorgeous range of colours, I wish I lived in a cooler climate as I would love a thigh length coat made from this. Also pictured is a couple of crochet discloths in cotton yarns and a bird decoration from this blog. If you want to learn how to crochet go and see Lucy's site, it's filled with great free tutorials with step by step photos.

    Thanks for reading, I won't leave the gap between posts so long next time.

    1 lovely people had this to say:

    Ann said...

    The bag & the glasses case look gorgeous. You did a beautiful job. Maybe I will try & do the same for my glasses case too.

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing from readers, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    (c) Copyright 2010 Monster Knits. Blogger template by Bloggermint
    Background by kano89..