Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Savouring the last days of cool weather

  • 1 Nov. 2010
  • Don't get me wrong, summer is a great time of year what with the many celebrations but where I live gets so hot and humid that I miss those gorgeous cool days. Crafting winter things is one way to put off thinking about it for a while.

    This frosty penguin made it way here on his own iceberg

    DSC_6850

    DSC_6844

    DSC_6848

    pattern from Winterwood's book, Sew soft toys

    Denim and cool blues make a great combination


    DSC_6964

    DSC_6965

    DSC_6962


    and the gnomes got so cold they built themselves a fire


    Gnomes

    Gnomes

    The Monsterknits family is South Australian bound next week, average temps are 10 degrees cooler than here so I may even get to wear the vest I am knitting. See you when we get back.

    4 lovely people had this to say:

    Ann said...

    I am really missing the cooler weather as Perth has plunged right into summer - 36C on Wed & it's spring. Have a good trip.

    Lou's Mum said...

    have a great trip here in SA! temps have been a bit strange here in the capital... it's been hot, now it's cold again, beautiful spring days with chilly nights. Weather can't seem to make up it's mind!

    Kris said...

    Thanks! It's been hard packing as the weather is so different. Last time we went everyone was saying how warm it was and I was in jumpers.

    Any places of interest that I should check out Kim?

    Kestrel said...

    Hey there, in honour of your completing inspiring blog I've awarded you a Stylish Blogger Award. Come over to accept when you get home if you like!

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing from readers, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    (c) Copyright 2010 Monster Knits. Blogger template by Bloggermint
    Background by kano89..