Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Sew productive Sunday

  • 7 Mar. 2010
  • Labels: , ,
  • My material stash is completely over the top for someone who only gets to sew a few times a year so today I set to rectify that.  After halving the stash and vowing to actually use what is left got me all inspired so I dusted off the sewing machine and set to work.
     First up, a long overdue school bag for E.I used Diary of a Quilter's great tutorial, made it a little smaller and it took less than 15 minutes. 


    I even whipped up a matching headband with the scraps
     




    Ellie gave her best 'Blue steel" pose





    These are so easy, I'm going to be making up more. If anyone is interested I'll write out a tutorial.









    Then it was onto skirts, I found  this half finished in my material box and I think I may have started it before I bought my latest sewing machine. Many things were abandoned around that time*
    A new waistband and a hem and it's done and I love it (the hems of  the skirts weren't done when I took the photos, I figured I'd knock over getting the length right and getting a photo at the same time)


















    and a skirt for the little one. Stashbusting some purple cord and heart print knit as the waistband.

















    There is one more but I'll post it separately as I made a {cue fanfare} tutorial! Let me know what you think (please)



    * Due to my awful, awful, awful sewing machine, which was a cheap bottom of the range singer. I now own a vintage Janome that sews beautifully and is much quieter.

    2 lovely people had this to say:

    Peta said...

    Love it all but especially those skirts - beautiful! The little one looks super comfy with the knit waistband.

    Kestrel said...

    I've seen that skirt of yours in real lie and it's fab! I'd love a lesson please.

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing from readers, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    (c) Copyright 2010 Monster Knits. Blogger template by Bloggermint
    Background by kano89..