Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

The bells are jingling

  • 17 Nov. 2009
  • Step into any store at the moment and you will most likely be reminded of the fact that Christmas is on it's way.

    After trying not too make too big of deal I have given in slightly and to make it a bit more special we need a tree. A proper one unlike the poor Frangipani last year

    Apart from buying another potted plant, the options are a cut tree or a plastic one. I found this great blog post outlining the pros and cons of each option and had some great ideas at the end

    Even eco-friendlier

    * Decorate a houseplant.

    * Buy a potted tree that can be planted in your yard after the holidays

    * String up lights on a tree in your front yard.

    * Build your own wooden tree.


    Build your own? now that sounds more like it!

    I found these for inspiration, I love this one but have no idea where to get driftwood from here (I had such a large supply when I lived in Newcastle)

    and this

    and for something different a tree made from 300 recycled water bottles that hangs suspended in the air. It's from an Artist at Paprika

    I think with a bit of imagination we can come up with something workable, I'll post back with our results.
    Love, The Monsterknitter


    2 lovely people had this to say:

    Mary said...

    OOh you've got me thinking now Kris. My dd requested a larger tree this year but I said no as my DS would wreck it but one that I made myself, hmm the potential is almost overwhelming. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    claire said...

    Ooooh, I love the driftwood!
    We have a light up one handed to us from a friend. I don't love it at all. But the kids do, and it was otherwise heading to the tip.
    I can't wait to see what you come up with either!

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing from readers, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    (c) Copyright 2010 Monster Knits. Blogger template by Bloggermint
    Background by kano89..