- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs( we were out of eggs so I used some olive oil)
- 2 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 T carob (or cocoa) powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Slightly melt butter and beat with sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking powder over butter mixture. Add carob powder. Stir with a large wooden spoon until well combined.
- Roll into balls and place on baking trays. Bake, 1 tray at a time, for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden and firm to the touch (not crisp). Repeat with remaining trays. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
A variation of this recipe (which I made last week and rocks!)