Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

unofficial Dachshund rescue home

  • 19 Apr. 2009
  • We had to make the hard decision not to keep "Puppy" above. As gorgeous and sweet as he was, Angus was being far too rough with him and he was getting stressed by the constant attempts to 'cuddle' him. He went to a lovely home with an older man who has owned Dachshunds for the past 20years and he's settling in well (and stole the best chair in the house LOL)


    2 days after he left we were asked to mind another little daxy girl. "Hope" has terrible skin allergies which haven't been looked after and due to this she has no hair on her belly or legs and feels the cold easily. I'm going to knit her a little jumper and found this great pattern
    You can read about her story here ( page 4)

    I've been making myself something too. If you remember I had almost finished a Something Red last year in JS silkroad aran tweed. It felt lovely but the shape was awful on me and I just knew it wouldn't get worn. I'd like to think it was a good lesson in what suits my body shape and tastes instead of just making what everyone else is.

    So it got frogged and the Jo Sharp is now becoming a sassymetrical. I love how the seed stitch looks in the tweed and hopefully I can get it finished to wear this winter.


    Love, The Monsterknitter


    2 lovely people had this to say:

    Kat said...

    oh your little guys are so gorgeous..it is very important to havethe right home and dog combo and I'm so glad you found hims sucha perfect home!

    sassimetrical looks awesome, perfect reknit !

    Ann said...

    Good choice of pattern. I love knitting from the top & you can wear it almost immediately after catsing off. Happy knitting.

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing from readers, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    (c) Copyright 2010 Monster Knits. Blogger template by Bloggermint
    Background by kano89..