Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Update from me

  • 6 Jan. 2008
  • Hope you all had a wondeful christmas and new years. We've had a nice relaxing time up but with so many things happening not much knitting or dyeing has been happening. I did manage to get some baking done and made my first character cake for Ellie's 3rd birthday (recipe from ABC kids cookbook) She loved him but now if I go to bake she wants me to make another one.
    and some Gingerbread bikkies & Coconut ice- the perfect no bake recipe (absolutely chockers full of sugar though!) Recipe here if you are interested

    It started raining after new years and just didn't stop, some days getting over 100mls. This has turned our dry farmland outlook into a lake! All the roads into town from here are cut off by the flood so we just have to sit and wait. You can just see the top of the building in this one- thats how deep it is!This does mean I got a little dyeing done and one "Rainy Day" finished and the other cast on in time for my grandma's birthday. I think socks are going to be great gifts for my family as they get done so quickly because they have such tiny feet LOL
    Ellie and I have also been making little woolen animals and dolls, a few hundred grams of roving is the perfect rainy day craft item as its just so versitile.


    Love, The Monsterknitter


    3 lovely people had this to say:

    Tania said...

    Humpty looks delicious!

    It is so bone dry here in Victoria, seeing floods like that just a state away is weird. Hope you aren't cut off for too long.

    Sam said...

    I've been thinking of you Kris, and hoping you're safe from the floods - glad to hear your home isn't underwater! Hope the wild weather calms down for you :)

    Jack said...

    Stay safe and dry Kris. :) I love the cake.

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing from readers, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    (c) Copyright 2010 Monster Knits. Blogger template by Bloggermint
    Background by kano89..