Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Having no power can be a good thing

  • 4 Dec. 2007
  • If it allows you to get more knitting done (although I don't reccomend knitting by candle light, it really hurts your eyes after a while!)


    Well its been a stormy November but December is looking more calm (weather wise that is, we've been without power and/or phone lines for a lot of the time but the rain has been a blessing)

    So I've managed to get a little knitting done, my Glampyre mini sweater in Yarn cafe bamboo is looking gorgeous. It feels like silk and drapes beautifully, I must remember to get some photos up.


    The pirate set, "Swashbuckling" which consists of a pair of medium perfection shorts in DK Blackberry Ridge and a size 1 stretchie bonds hand painted shirt is up for auction now on Ozebaby. Such a relief to cross these of my UFO list but man I'll be sad to see them go. Ellie has been asking for a shirt the same so I'll have to put that on my list ( her birthday is new years eve so she gets thoroughly spoilt!)
    I was lucky enough to be semi- involved in the Sock Club on the Yarn Collective as part of Elissa's month. This is what the polymer clay looks like before getting reduced, its a fascinating process.

    I've been working on a new set of yarns for knitting play food, just completing my last vegie now and then I'll have them up. Ellie loves her knitted fruit and vegies and these packs of 20gms each semi-solid colours make it easy to get 10 or more made. I'm working on the sushi packs now.Ellie and I have been doing some wet felting, she's made a great little card size abstract image and its been a good rainy day project. We'll take some photos to share the process next time we felt.
    And one last photo just because I wanted to share, this baby Koala has been visiting with his mum and is now gaining independance and venturing out on his own. We are so lucky to be able to watch him/her blossom like this.



    Love, The Monsterknitter


    0 lovely people had this to say:

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing from readers, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    (c) Copyright 2010 Monster Knits. Blogger template by Bloggermint
    Background by kano89..