Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Rainy day reading

  • 25 Aug. 2007
  • I stumbled across this new Australian craft zine selling on etsy and am loving it! This premier issue has a great range of articles including kids craft (I can't wait to try the birds project with Ellie), etsy seller profiles, Eco renting, green and cheap activities for kids, recipes and more!
    It has a great feminine feel to it and I'm savouring reading it as I don't want it to end.
    My only criticism would be the "5 easy ways to go green with your new baby"a good article overall but written by an American so some the things mentioned are not available here and while it mentions ECing and Gdiapers as a great alternative to disposables, it doesn't say anything about modern cloth nappies (also see the link for nappycino)
    I'll be hanging out for the next issue.



    I'm also reading One Skein at the moment and boy is it going to be hard to pick a project to begin with! I'm loving these little cupcakes!On the needles right now are the Circular shrug in petrol coloured merino spun (download the pattern for free from Peony Knit's Blog) meant to be a nice simple project in any size yarn but I've somehow stuffed it up already and it needs ripping back 2 rows- whoops! Check out this gorgeous version here

    Plain dyed BBR shorts are done and ready to be dyed for the pirate-y conversion.
    I've been dyeing up a rainbow of yarn and am lucky enough to be doing a trade with the very talented (and patient!) Tikki
    In between I'll be making some booties and have finally decided on my small things swap (lucky its a quick knit)

    and now I'd better get back to folding this mountain of washing that's threatening to take over my lounge room. I've hired out Kenny on DVD and am about to make myself a hot mint-chocolate...mmmn, rainy days :)

    1 lovely people had this to say:

    tikki said...

    I've been reading this book too! I love the felted bowls!!!

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing from readers, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    (c) Copyright 2010 Monster Knits. Blogger template by Bloggermint
    Background by kano89..