Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Spinning Mad

  • 7 Jan. 2007
  • Labels:
  • In our christmas parcel from family overseas I got a spinning wheel!! From my father in law, who used to be an avid spinner (he raised the sheep, shore them and spun the wool, and then my mother in law knitted it up). He was just waiting for someone to come along and use it again!!

    My BFL wool silver arrived last week, so I am just hoping to get some time to practice in the next couple of weeks. The spinning wheel looks so nice and woody, that I can't help staring at it every chance I get lol!

    There are also some photos from the last time a friend (Lilly) and I did some spinning - carding the wool, and our first skein (unwashed). We'll see how I go next time :)


    3 lovely people had this to say:

    Irene said...

    OMG Elissa you are SOOO blessed with that spinning wheel! I have wanted one for years,a nd that upright model looks fantastic doesn't take up half the room and is compact for travelling!! Have fun spinning, while I pick up my green with envy eyes off the floor ;P

    Sam said...

    green eyes here too ;-) My aunt has promised to teach me to spin and weave, I wish a had an extra 2 hours in each day to learn! Have fun :)

    Baa Bum Mum said...

    oooh so cool ..I can't wait to see how you go with that!

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing from readers, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    (c) Copyright 2010 Monster Knits. Blogger template by Bloggermint
    Background by kano89..